POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03 : Re: Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Worldbowl - As of 24-02-03
From: Abe
Date: 23 Feb 2003 21:05:05
Message: <web.3e597cd65322c52f80835aa30@news.povray.org>
Interesting, as always, to follow the evolution of a scene. I was
particularly interested in your media approach to the clouds in the bowl,
since I like to play around with atmospherics alot in Pov.

I feel compelled to voice a few criticisms on the image, especially, since
it is clearly advancing to a higher level.

Regarding the world bowl: while it is an interesting and unusual object, I
am not compelled to _care_ about what it is doing in the image the same way
I am compelled by the flower or the moon. It needs to have something that
emotionally draws me to it.

Regarding the flower: after looking at it for a while, I wondered if it was
actually a kind of flower that would close at night. Should it?

Regarding the writing on the pad: it is stretching suspension of disbelief a
little too far to accept that the writing was done by the pen. An image map
of a your own hand-writing perhaps?

Finally, regarding the outdoors: I like the (almost hyper) realistic moon,
but should it be just a little focul blurred to keep me, the viewer, inside
the room? I don't really know how I would feel about that. However, as you
mentioned yourself, those clouds around the moon do need to be corrected.
The distant clouds are ok, but where the clouds are close to the moon and
thin, there needs to be some strong appearence of forward scattering in the
cloud.

Ok, now I'll take of my art critic hat now.

--
Abe